The much-dreaded cold and flu season is here. Try this list of 6 immune system boosters to avoid falling prey to cold and fever.
1) Citrus foods – Fruits rich in vitamin C are key to fighting infections. Vitamin C helps to increase the production of white blood cells. Your body needs vitamin C daily for continued health.
2) Garlic – It is found in almost every cuisine of the world. The most effective ingredient Allicin protects the body from infections and disease while also supporting a healthy heart and reducing cholesterol.
3) Ginger – Ginger may help decrease inflammation, which can help reduce a sore throat and other inflammatory illnesses. Combine ginger and turmeric to give your immune system the shield your immune system.
4) Yogurt – It is a great source of Vitamin D which helps to regulate the immune system. The cultures present in yogurt may stimulate your immune system and help fight illnesses.
5) Turmeric – A key ingredient of all curries. The bright yellow bitter spice contains active ingredient Curcumin is well known for its anti-inflammatory in treating both osteoarthritides. You can have a cup of turmeric tea daily or add it to your curries.
6) Wheatgrass – A nutrient defense food is packed with chlorophyll, vitamin C, amino acid, potassium, calcium, and magnesium. It boosts your immune function as it helps boost the liver’s ability to flush out toxins and cleanse the body.