A sharper mind is just a snack away! Here are 5 foods which enhance your memory, increase your concentration and protect against age-related brain diseases.
- Walnuts – It turns out that eating walnuts can keep you from going nuts. Just munching on a few walnuts a day can improve your cognitive health. They have high levels of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals which improve mental alertness. The vitamin E in the nuts can also help ward off Alzheimer’s.
- Blueberries – According to a research, consumption of blueberries may be useful in improving or delaying short term memory loss. It is rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin K and fiber. It protects the brain from degeneration and stress.
- Tomatoes – Tomatoes are one of the richest sources of lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that protects the brain cells from the damage caused by free radicals. So add a tomato to your sandwich and you can improve your mental capacity as well as fight dementia.
- Broccoli – Broccoli consists of high levels of Vitamin K and choline which helps to keep your memory sharp. It is high in compounds called glucosinolates, it can slow the breakdown of the neurotransmitter, acetylcholine, which we need for the central nervous system to perform properly.
- Avocados – Green powerhouses are the healthiest fruits that you can consume. Containing both vitamin K and folate, avocados help prevent blood clots in the brain (protecting against stroke) as well as help improve cognitive function, especially both memory and concentration.