Did you know at least one in three women and one in five men will suffer an osteoporotic fracture at some point in their lives?
Osteoporosis, a condition that causes the bones to thin and become porous. When it comes to building strong bones, there are two key nutrients: calcium and vitamin D that your body must possess adequately. So here is a list of foods that will help you promote healthy bones.
- Yoghurt – Yogurt is an age-old culinary product. Because of the preparation process of yogurt. Regular yogurt delivers almost twice the bone-strengthening mineral calcium. Therefore, it is one of the healthy foods for bones.
- Milk – Milk is a great source for the calcium, which is crucial for strong and healthy bones. One cup of Milk can provide you 30% of the daily dose of calcium. It’s also rich with Vitamin-D which is also great for the health of Bones.
- Spinach – Spinach is unarguably one of the healthiest food in the world. Spinach can be a great source of Calcium. Spinach is highly rich with fiber, vitamin-A, iron and Calcium. And one cup of cooked Spinach contains almost 25% of the calcium.
- Almonds – Among all the nuts, Almonds contain the highest amount of calcium. And even the Almond Butter is great as it has no cholesterol and is lower in fat and higher in protein. So Almonds can be a great in keeping the Bones healthy and stronger.
- Orange Juice – Orange juice provides you with vitamin C, which aids our bodies in getting calcium. Sipping on orange juice early morning is a great way to start your day. It also contains bone strengthening calcium. Orange provides 6% of calcium intake per day.
- Salmon – Salmon can serve your daily need of vitamin D. It is packed with vitamin B12 and calcium. Salmon also prevents certain cancers and improves the health of skin and hair. Salmon is also a rich source of protein, which is responsible for making collagen, which maintains bone strength and helps repair bone injury.”
Cheese – Cheese is made from milk. And it is quite a known fact that milk has loads and loads of calcium. Therefore, cheese too is high in calcium. Of all the varieties of cheese, mozzarella cheese in particular is the cheese which has the highest amount of calcium.