Are you eating the foods that are best for your eyes? Maintaining a healthy balanced diet is key to improving your eyesight. Learn about 7 foods that will boost your eye health.
1) Fish – Fish is a great food that helps to improve your eyesight. Fish is a rich source of omega 3 fatty acid, which help in visual development.
2) Eggs – The vitamins and minerals present in eggs protect against night blindness and dry eyes. Eggs are a great food to eat for eye health.
3) Leafy Greens – Green leafy vegetables help to protect the macula. Greens such as Kale, Spinach, and Broccoli help in lowering the risk of macular degeneration and cataracts.
4) Almonds – Almonds contain vitamin E. Regular intake of vitamin E helps to prevent age related macular degeneration as well as cataracts. You can take almonds for breakfast, cereals, yoghurt or salads. Almonds are high in calories and should be taken in limited quantities.
5) Oranges – Oranges are highly rich in vitamin C which help to improve the health of your eye tissue. Vitamins present in oranges helps to maintain healthy blood vessels in your eyes.
6) Carrots – Carrots are a staple food for eye health. Vitamin A present in carrots prevent eye infections and other eye conditions.
7) Dairy – Dairy product such as milk and yoghurt are good for eyes. Vitamin A present in it helps to protect the cornea while zinc helps to bring that vitamin from the liver. Dairy can be consumed throughout the day and is a healthy option for improving your eyesight.