Amla is considered as a “humble fruit” and is a storehouse of health benefits. Read the following health benefits to know why you should indulge in this sour treat daily.
1) Improves Eyesight – Carotene present in Amla helps to improve vision. Daily consumption of amla aids in reducing cataract problems, prevents reddening. Itching and watering of eyes.
2) Beautifies your hair – Amla is a proven tonic for beautiful hair. If applied to the scalp regularly, it can retain your hair’s natural colour and prevent it from greying.
3) Makes skin glow – Amla is rich in Vitamin C. Amla juice can also be used as a face mask. Simply leave it on your skin for 30 minutes and wash it off. It gives you smooth and youthful skin.
4) Cools the body – Amla has 3 times more vitamin C in comparison to orange. It improves the tannin levels in the body that keeps you protected from heat. It keeps your skin cool during summertime.
5) Purifies Blood – Amla works as a blood purifier as it is packed with antioxidants. It also improves haemoglobin and red blood cells count.
6) Prevents formation of gallbladder stones – Amla reduces the chances of a build-up of cholesterol as well as gallstones. It helps in proper functioning of the gallbladder.
7) Boosts immunity – Amla’s antibacterial and astringent properties work to boost your immune system. It reduces the damage free radicals cause to the cells and thus improves the body’s fighting ability.
8) Strengths Bones – Amla is excellent for strengthening bones because of high its high calcium content. It also helps to lower Osteoclasts, the cells that are responsible for breaking up of bones.